Last night ended with Evan doing his best not to ignore me (even though I’d really like to go hide in the dark for a few days). He brought me home some flowers and my favorite chocolate and gave me lots of love, helped me get my stuff from work, made me a couple of drinks, and then we played video games for the rest of the night.
As far as dinner goes, I bought Michael Symon’s 5 in 5 a few weeks ago and I decided I’d try out the recipe for Orecchiette with Sausage and Kale since so many people seemed to be freaking out about it on Twitter. It’s OK. I don’t think I really like kale (I’d really rather eat spinach, which is saying something) but I’ve still been able to make it through a couple of batches (I had a bunch of kale left, and this is my only kale recipe, so I made it more than once). Evan seems to be indifferent to the flavor…it probably won’t go into our regular meal rotation.
I was excited to sleep in this morning (I’m still unable to stay awake much past midnight) but when 8 o’clock rolled around I wasn’t able to sleep much more. I’ve been giving myself time limits to do things, like 45 minutes for video games, 30 minutes at my computer before I make myself go do something else, but the time is still passing really quickly and I wish I could get more done. I guess I have time though.
- Wore my bathrobe all day
- Did some yoga (more or less first thing in the morning…after some Cookie Clicker)
- Ate breakfast at least slightly before noon
- More Diablo III
- Made a list of all the stuff I need to add to my portfolio
- Applied for a job
- Did a little work
- Experienced MORE Twitter woes
- More dishes (no end in sight)
- Dealt with the gallon of crab corn stock that I made last month so I can take care of the two gallons of chicken stock I made this month
- Watched some Mad Men
- More Cookie Clicker
- Got the exciting announcement that MediaTemple has been purchased by GoDaddy. Will be switching my hosting ASAP
- Priced out Adobe Cloud, Toggl; set up Do, getting ready to spend more money than I should on business apps tomorrow when my paycheck arrives
- Realized I don’t get to keep the mouse and keyboard I’ve been using…scrambling to find replacements
- Exercised for 30 minutes
And now I’m getting ready to go to a concert with Evan after a quick dinner.